We’re on the hunt for a Tokyo-based intern to join our team!
Founded in mid-2019 by Yoichiro and Lucy (hence Y+L), we’re a predominantly bilingual (Japanese/ English) boutique creative agency based in Tokyo. If you don’t know much about us, check out our ‘about’ page, then if you want to see what type of work we do, check out our ‘projects’ page.
We’re on the hunt for an intern to work alongside us one day — or two half-days (the equivalent of 7.5 hours) — a week to assist with branding, communication, in-office and on-location production tasks.
All gender identities/ experience levels/ ages are welcome, but we think this role would be best suited to a university student/ recent graduate or part-timer with an interest in the world of media/ communications/ production.
This internship is paid and will run for three months. Following the initial three months, there’s potential to extend the internship. Starting date is flexible but ideally November/ early December.
What you’d do
- Assist with pre-production and production (e.g., video and photoshoots)
- Join creative meetings to offer insight/ feedback
- Build pitch decks and assist with proposal planning (market research etc)
- Create content, proofread check and assist Y+L with their company branding and communication channels (newsletters, SNS etc)
- Offer directors a hand with other miscellaneous tasks when necessary
- Communicating/ liaising with our internal team
- 30 hours a month (1 X 7.5 hour day per week, or the equivalent of)
- Able to come to the office (transportation fee reimbursed)
- Remote work is possible on occasion too
- Tokyo based/ able to travel to Tokyo (live within commuting distance)
- Native Japanese (must)
- Conversational/ basic English speaking skills are highly preferred
- Respectful of different cultures/ identities/ personal expression
- Can commit to a minimum 3-month internship
Bonus points (but not required)
- Familiar with some Adobe programs (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Can work in Google suites (Docs, Sheets, Slide etc)
- An interest in international culture/ experience abroad
To apply, contact email@example.com with “Internship application” in the title. Tell us a little about yourself/ background (in Japanese and English, but English doesn’t have to be perfect), why you’re interested in working with Y+L and any relevant links. Formal CV is not necessary.